Campus Tec is an international complex for innovation located in Guatemala, Central America. It is the first technology park in the region and it is considered that it can become the “Silicon Valley” of Guatemala.
It was created in 2008, its legal framework allows clients to work freely in designing and building facilities that best fit their style and needs. Its design is based on international standards and is rapidly becoming the innovation center of the northern part of Central America.
Its strategic location in Central America, as well as its economic advantages, makes Campus Tec the best option for investors and entrepreneurs in the region.
The Park is located in the center of the city in zone 4 in area known as “Cuatro Grados Norte” that is part of the technology corridor the local government is implementing in the city.
It currently includes over 100 high-tech local companies that mostly have been doing business overseas mainly in the United States, Europe and other countries in Latin America.
Guatemala has been traditionally a country with world-class information and telecommunication infrastructure. Our prices in communications, availability of highly qualified personnel in technology and its preferential location in regards to access to the biggest markets of technology in the world, are some of the country’s competitive advantage.
It is a central point for all the main Central, South and North American markets, (35 million consumers) and offers all of the amenities of any big city in the world but without the congestion and high cost of living, including an excellent climate all year round.
Additional information about Guatemala’s location, advantages and laws for international investment and business development can be reviewed at: www.investinguatemala.org
The park has currently established strategic alliances with leader organizations that are generating opportunities. Our campus hosts the technology center for Universidad Del Valle de Guatemala which is one of the best high-tech universities in the region.
It has also made alliances with financing institutions, chambers, associations and local and international government institutions or agencies related to the high-tech sector. The campus also has access to all the major international technology firms and brands in the world via its hosted companies,.
Campus Tec is also endorsed by the government by collaborating with the Competitivity agenda for the Guatemalan government.
Why Campus Tec?
The main reasons for considering an investment in Campus Tec are summarized bellow :
- Campus Tec is the first Central American park that incorporates industries related to the high-tech business sector;
- It has access to high-tech telecommunications and information services;
- It offers the best logistical location to be in Central America. Due to the approval of our region’s FTA, this location will allow investors to have convenient access to the biggest markets in the world (NAFTA) in its own vicinity;
- Financing options for most foreign investors and parks;
- Export oriented legal benefits provided according to your needs;
- Facilities to lease spaces offered by the park;
- Campus security;
- Availability of well-trained, competitive labor force
- Attractive operating and living costs: utilities, rent, building costs, labor, overhead and service costs are among the lowest in the region;
- Significant cost advantages and geographical proximity to the United States and Canada markets;
- Assistance in staffing for the placement of new workers from other parts of Guatemala and abroad;
- Main source of trained labor will be from the technical pool of workers from the area.
Technology Park Administrator and incubator:
CAMPUS TEC contemplates all requirements necessary to form an e-cluster (cluster of companies related to information and communication technology – ICT) it also includes a business incubator based on a main “intelligent building” already in design and to be developed in the short term.
The incubator and the building aims at enterprises interested 100% in an export oriented scheme for undertaking Software Development /Information Technology enabled services including all data communication links or in the form of physical exports will allow export of professional services and rendering consultancy services and software development.
It also includes an area allocated for companies interested in manufacturing electronic hardware equipment/components or any other activity within the ICT sector.
The Administrative authority that will run the technology park is the private enterprise that is already running the actual logistics park and it will include services for the main building such as:
- Fiber-optic cabling, LANs and WANs will ensure high levels of data connectivity;
- The Conference Centre will provide in-house meeting and seminar services;
- Sporting facilities and other such as cafés, hotel, shops and others are being planned;
- Smart card access to entry the building;
- Provision of 24-hour, 7-day on-site security;
- Meeting rooms and recreational areas;
- Conveniently located Automatic Teller Machines (ATMs);
- Event management support and coordination services;
- Videoconferencing, meeting and training rooms;
- Catering services;
- Audio-visual & video conferencing services;
- Onsite IT support and business services;
- Expert voice, mail and fax handling for virtual offices
Incubator operational model:
The objective of implementing a business incubator for ICT business within the technology park includes the model with three types of approaches:
- Venture incubators: provides everything a new business could need, including offices, human resources, computer network, legal expertise, financial advice, business strategy, and administrative support.
- Venture accelerator: which accelerate the dynamic of a company’s creation with full consulting services, provide due diligence and make available other specific services, as needed, to new ventures.
- Venture portals: which create a network for entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors. These sites can help entrepreneurs to exchange ideas or to speak with others that are working in the same field.
Portfolio and networking:
Our network of companies and professionals has ample expertise in different areas of Information Technology and Communications and Internet, and it also includes expertise in other areas:
- Finance, Banking and Insurance;
The services offered by CAMPUS TEC include:
- Project Outsourcing;
- Software Development;
- System integration, consulting and implementation;
- Software reengineering and maintenance;
- Translation, draw back and implementation of software products;
- Internet product and services development;
- Training (in situ and via Internet);
- Technical management;
- Project management;
- R&D for projects;
Our areas of expertise in operating systems, programming, networks and Data Base Management systems include the major brands in the world.
We also have products and services related to the special effects area and mobile programming and gaming.
A directory including the list of the main tenants is available in the website: www.tec.com.gt. For further information, please contact:
Campus TEC – Guatemala
Campus Tecnologico Guatemala – www.tec.com.gt
Ruta 2 3-63, Zona 4, 4°Norte
Teléfono: (502) 2334-4492
Guatemala Ciudad, Guatemala 01004, Centro América
Article about Campus Tec in the New York Times: