Thank you Ketan for your workshop yesterday. We are really looking forward to working with you closely with CampusTec and our mentors in the near future. Here is a summary of his workshop:
Mentorship is to guide, inspire, help.
What should a mentor do?
- Build a plan – goals, aspirations and foundations
- Stay out of the driver seat – Mentee led partnership
- Trust – Build and maintain
- Ask more, Tell less – challenge and empower thinking
- Balance empathy and action – vent frustration and take action
- Foster accountability – set targets and responsibilities
- Not Solo, Get Help – tap network and get more responses
- Transitions – Be aware of them – see the growth and step back
Traits of a Mentor:
- Has the will to share skills, knowledge and expertise
- Demostrates positive attitude and act as a positive role model
- Takes a personal interest in the mentoring relationship
- Provides guidance and constructive feedback
- Is respected by colleagues
- Values the opinions and initiative of others
- Motivates others by setting model examples
- Building a successful mentoring platform
- Create a bank of mentors – different and area of focus
Los esperamos a la ronda para conocer a nuestras visitas de Costa Rica, Colombia, El Salvador, Estados Unidos e Inglaterra hoy en el Tikal Futura. Aca van los detalles:
Tambien los invitamos a la franja de e-comercio de hoy por si nos quieren acompañar tambien:
Ya empezo el 2o. Congreso Internacional de Tecnologia en Tikal Futura. Es gratis y nosotros somo Campus Tec estamos apoyando en varios temas. Mañana nos toca la franja de e-comercio…Los esperamos:
Los esperamos la semana entrante:
A message from our guest speaker:
Greetings from the UK.. I am really looking forward to coming back to Guatemala and meeting you all; I have already such a love for the place and know that there is a huge opportunity for innovation and growth within Central/Latin America – particularly Guatemala.
I would really appreciate it if you can join me on 4th September at Tikal Futura for a workshop and seminar that I am hosting on Mentoring; in the UK I work with the UK government on helping start up businesses and provide mentoring and Rockstar Mentoring is the UK’s number 1 organisation for business mentoring, start up and growth.
In this session we will be going through the following:
- The Power of Mentoring – a short story into the value of mentoring
- How mentoring works and the processes – looking at what a successful mentoring process is delivered
- Traits of good mentors – building the right skills and attributes towards successful mentoring
- Best practice in mentorship – putting together the approaches and factors
- How to build a community of mentees – looking at the multiplying effect of mentorship.
I would be a privilege and honour to work with you all in Guatemala during the CTI event – I hope to see you there.
Best wishes – Ketan
Our guest speaker:
Head of Operations
Web: Rockstar Youth
For more information about the workshop, please visit: